September 5, 2012

Hello Autumn, Hello Colds!

Let me tell you, If you're lucky enough to live close to the equator, you probably never get colds! Living not too close to the equator, millions of people are confronted to the sicknesses of the weather change, and sadly...I'm one of them! Let me just say, colds suck! Just being completely brutal, they SUCK! I'm dealing with one right now, and ugh...what a pain! Here are some tips to help beat a cold fast, and deal with it well:

1.)  Wash Those Hands!
Even though this is probably something you'll hear ALL THE TIME, it's the best thing to do! Wash your hands after sneezing, coughing, touching your face, and make sure to wash them before eating! The best thing to do is to keep hand sanitizer by you as well, but remember...washing your hands is the best thing to do!


2.) Eat Healthy!
Do you know one of the best things you can have when you have a cold? Vitamins! The goal to getting rid of a cold is to boost your immune system, and help fight off your cold! First, eat some antioxidants! Antioxidants are found in plants. So eat those vegetables! Eat some yogurt, as well. Yogurt is a good type of bacteria that will boost your immunity in your body...therefor fighting off the common cold virus. Even though I have NO IDEA what is it, turmeric...a type of spice, can also help boost your immunity as well. Also, eat some garlic! Garlic is said to be "a miracle food." Something I like is garlic bagels. To learn more check out this article: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ColdandFluNews/story?id=6141948&page=3#.UEeN10ITsWI

3.) Stuffy Nose, Cough? Vicks!
I don't know about you, but my mom has been using Vicks on my brother and I since we were very little. I love vicks! It smells good, and it helps clear me up! Something you can also get is a vaporizer or a humidifier to help with your cold, and you can add Vicks to it. This helps you breath better, and moistens the air to help loosen mucus and phlegm. Learn more about Vicks here: http://www.vicks.com
If you need help picking out a Vicks product, this link will help you!
http://www.vicks.com/products/solution-finder/

I hope you found this post informative, and helpful! If you're facing a cold like me, feel better! 

-kkrrbb78/Kayci

2 comments:

Emo ^-^ said...

I started to get a cold today D; And these tips, I am going to try. Thank you so much for the tips Kayci.[;

Emo ^-^ said...

Wow, My cold is gone now! These tips REALLY helped, thanks Kayci.(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...